Sunday, June 3, 2007

Howdy!

So, here we are, that inevitable awkward first post. I thought it would be a while before this happened, but here at last. Well, let's be honest, I've written quite a few of these, but none stuck, none felt right. I have a good feeling about this one though. A good feeling.

The blog's called "FireSpinner and all her Obsessions." But why? Oh, maybe its because of her obsessive personality and fondness of spinning. Yea, that makes sense, but let's dig deeper...
The name is FireSpinner because a) I like fire (but not in a crazy kinda way) and b) I like to spin. My other alias is Fire (Insert synonym of Spinner here). What can I say, it has a sort of ring to it. Aside from that clue, I am going to try to keep a certain amount of anonymity here. But I'm sure if someone who knows me stumbles across it, they'll probably be able to tell. I consider myself a pretty odd duck.

As for the Obsessions, they currently stand as the following (in no particular order):
  • Knitting
  • Yarn
  • Spinning my own yarn
  • John Mayer
  • Josh Groban
  • Veronica Mars
  • NCIS
  • Heroes
  • TV on DVD
  • TTM
  • My car
  • Moving out of this nondescript small town
  • Being alone
  • Harry Potter
  • Work
  • Figuring out what I'm doing the next couple of years

Hmm, that's all I can really think of right now, but I'm sure more will come up. You see, I use the word "Obsession" rather lightly, but in its true meaning as well. I'm kind of paradoxical like that. Or at least I like to think I am.

So, lets dive right in and let me talk about my life and crap. List format, its how I do my best work. So, random facts about me:
  • I say "So" a lot.
  • I am a 21 year old girl from Small Town, Massachusetts.
  • I live at home with my parents and younger brother and HATE it.
  • I have NO idea what's going on with my life or what I want to do with it.
  • My brother and father got in a huge fist fight about a week ago and no we're all pretending nothing happened.
  • I have an OCD called Trichotillomania that causes me to pull out my own hair without really realizing it.
  • I have a small weight and body image problem.
  • I am super anti-social and its been a gradual thing.
  • I just bought a Columbine Spinning Wheel that I am in love with.
  • Speaking of love, I'm not in it with anybody and that makes me sad.
  • Like really sad.
  • Depressed even.
  • I've been diagnosed with clinical depression and general anxiety disorder.
  • I just finished watching Season 2 of Veronica Mars and am totally into it, too bad it got cancelled for next season and Season 3 doesn't come out till the fall.
  • Maybe I'll dowload it from itunes anyways.
  • My Obsessions kill me financially.
  • I don't really have A best friend.
  • All the people I consider my best friends are no where near as close to me as best friends should be.
  • Actually, my mom is my best friend.
  • I whine and bitch A LOT.
  • Just warning ya.

Hmm, I guess that'll do for an introduction. Talk to you later!
-FS

No comments: